2 Corinthians - Chapter 12
2 Corinthians Chapters
6 and then, if I do choose to boast I shall not be talking like a fool because I shall be speaking the truth. But I will not go on in case anybody should rate me higher than he sees and hears me to be, because of the exceptional greatness of the revelations.
7 Wherefore, so that I should not get above myself, I was given a thorn in the flesh, a messenger from Satan to batter me and prevent me from getting above myself.
8 About this, I have three times pleaded with the Lord that it might leave me;
9 but he has answered me, 'My grace is enough for you: for power is at full stretch in weakness.' It is, then, about my weaknesses that I am happiest of all to boast, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me;
12 All the marks characteristic of a true apostle have been at work among you: complete perseverance, signs, marvels, demonstrations of power.
14 Here I am, ready to come to you for the third time and I am not going to be a burden on you: it is not your possessions that I want, but yourselves. Children are not expected to save up for their parents, but parents for their children,
20 I am afraid that in one way or another, when I come, I may find you different from what I should like you to be, and you may find me what you would not like me to be; so that in one way or the other there will be rivalry, jealousy, bad temper, quarrels, slander, gossip, arrogance and disorders;
21 and when I come again, my God may humiliate me in front of you and I shall be grieved by all those who sinned in the past and have still not repented of the impurities and sexual immorality and debauchery that they have committed.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 94:5-6, 7-8, 9-10, 14-15
Gospel, Matthew 11:25-27
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Longest Blood Moon eclipse of the century coming, is it an omen? HD Video
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, July 16th, 2018 HD Video
- Violencia en Nicaragua: Representante del Papa alienta tregua ante ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Historic gathering of pope and patriarchs for Middle East peace
- St. Frederick: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Longest Blood Moon eclipse of 21st century looms, along with bad news ...
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, July 17th, 2018 HD
- Day 3 - Novena to Joachim and Anne for Christian Married Couples HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 20th, 2018 HD
- Why is this statue of the Virgin Mary weeping rose-scented olive oil? HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education