Ecclesiastes - Chapter 7
1 Better a good name than costly oil, the day of death than the day of birth.
8 Better the end of a matter than its beginning, better patience than ambition.
11 Wisdom is as good as a legacy, profitable to those who enjoy the light of the sun.
13 Consider God's creation: who, for instance, can straighten what God has bent?
14 When things are going well, enjoy yourself, and when they are going badly, consider this: God has designed the one no less than the other so that we should take nothing for granted.
18 It is wise to hold on to one and not let go of the other, since the godfearing will find both.
20 No one on earth is sufficiently upright to do good without ever sinning.
21 Again, do not listen to all that people say, then you will not hear your servant abusing you.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 118:1, 8-9, 21-23, 26, 21, 29
Gospel, John 10:11-18
Reading 2, First John 3:1-2
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- The Christian Duty: A mission of leading others to Jesus
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Monday, April 23, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 HD Video
- The Eucharist's Importance to the Life of the Church
- Five things Catholics can do to promote international religious freedom
- Daily Reading for Monday, April 23rd, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Monday, April 23, 2018
- Has California just voted to ban the BIBLE? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 22nd, 2018 HD
- Global Warming threatening Europe with colder weather HD
- The Memorare HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education