1 Chronicles - Chapter 23
1 Chronicles Chapters
1 When David had become old and full of days, he made his son Solomon king of Israel,
5 four thousand were gatekeepers and four thousand praised Yahweh on the instruments which David had made for praising him.
6 David then divided the Levites into classes: Gershon, Kohath and Merari.
11 Jahath was the eldest, Zizah the second, then Jeush and Beriah, who had not many children and were reckoned as one family.
13 Sons of Amram: Aaron and Moses. Aaron was set apart to consecrate the things that were especially holy, he and his sons for ever, to burn incense in the presence of Yahweh, to serve him and to bless in his name for ever.
14 Moses, man of God, and his sons were reckoned with the tribe of Levi.
20 Sons of Uzziel: Micah first, Isshiah second.
21 Sons of Merari: Mahli and Mushi. Sons of Mahli: Eleazar and Kish.
24 These were the sons of Levi by their families, the heads of families, and those registered by name, individually; whoever was twenty years old or upwards had his function in the service of the Temple of Yahweh.
26 the Levites need no longer carry the Dwelling or any of the objects required for its service.'
27 For, according to the last words of David, the Levites who had been registered were of twenty years and upwards.
28 Their duty now is to help the sons of Aaron in the service of the House of Yahweh, in the care of the courts and rooms, the purification of all the holy things, the work for the service of the House of God,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 7:2-3, 9-10, 11-12
Gospel, John 7:40-53
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, March 17, 2018
- Saint Patrick Calls All Christians to be Missionaries to this Age
- St. Patrick: Saint of the Day for Saturday, March 17, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 33
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 34
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
- Thousands of students walk out of schools to protest gun violence HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education