Daily Reading for Monday, January 21st, 2019
Daily Reading for Monday January 21, 2019
Reading 1, Hebrews 5:1-10 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 110:1, 2, 3, 4 Gospel, Mark 2:18-22
Reading 1, Hebrews 5:1-10
2 he can sympathise with those who are ignorant or who have gone astray, because he too is subject to the limitations of weakness.
4 No one takes this honour on himself; it needs a call from God, as in Aaron's case.
6 and in another text: You are a priest for ever, of the order of Melchizedek.
8 he learnt obedience, Son though he was, through his sufferings;
9 when he had been perfected, he became for all who obey him the source of eternal salvation
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 110:1, 2, 3, 4
3 Royal dignity has been yours from the day of your birth, sacred honour from the womb, from the dawn of your youth.
Gospel, Mark 2:18-22
18 John's disciples and the Pharisees were keeping a fast, when some people came to him and said to him, 'Why is it that John's disciples and the disciples of the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not?'
19 Jesus replied, 'Surely the bridegroom's attendants cannot fast while the bridegroom is still with them? As long as they have the bridegroom with them, they cannot fast.
21 No one sews a piece of unshrunken cloth on an old cloak; otherwise, the patch pulls away from it, the new from the old, and the tear gets worse.
22 And nobody puts new wine into old wineskins; otherwise, the wine will burst the skins, and the wine is lost and the skins too. No! New wine into fresh skins!'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 116:12-13, 14-15, 18-19
Gospel, Mark 8:22-26
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Vatican spokesman shifts focus to summit follow-up before abuse ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, February 21, 2019
- St. Severian: Saint of the Day for Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019
- Hoya no more: Georgetown rescinds McCarrick's honorary degree
- There are alternatives to abortion, says Archdiocese of New York
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 22nd, 2019 HD Video
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019
- Daily Reading for Thursday, February 21st, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education