Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 20th, 2018
Daily Reading for Wednesday June 20, 2018
Reading 1, Second Kings 2:1, 6-14 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 31:20, 21, 24 Gospel, Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18
Reading 1, Second Kings 2:1, 6-14
7 Fifty of the brotherhood of prophets followed them, halting some distance away as the two of them stood beside the Jordan.
8 Elijah took his cloak, rolled it up and struck the water; and the water divided to left and right, and the two of them crossed over dry-shod.
12 Elisha saw it, and shouted, 'My father! My father! Chariot of Israel and its chargers!' Then he lost sight of him, and taking hold of his own clothes he tore them in half.
13 He picked up Elijah's cloak which had fallen, and went back and stood on the bank of the Jordan.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 31:20, 21, 24
20 Safe in your presence you hide them, far from human plotting, shielding them in your tent, far from contentious tongues.
21 Blessed be Yahweh who works for me miracles of his faithful love (in a fortified city)!
24 Be brave, take heart, all who put your hope in Yahweh.
Gospel, Matthew 6:1-6, 16-18
1 'Be careful not to parade your uprightness in public to attract attention; otherwise you will lose all reward from your Father in heaven.
2 So when you give alms, do not have it trumpeted before you; this is what the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets to win human admiration. In truth I tell you, they have had their reward.
3 But when you give alms, your left hand must not know what your right is doing;
5 'And when you pray, do not imitate the hypocrites: they love to say their prayers standing up in the synagogues and at the street corners for people to see them. In truth I tell you, they have had their reward.
16 'When you are fasting, do not put on a gloomy look as the hypocrites do: they go about looking unsightly to let people know they are fasting. In truth I tell you, they have had their reward.
17 But when you fast, put scent on your head and wash your face,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 78:56-57, 58-59, 61-62
Gospel, Matthew 18:21--19:1
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Friday, August 17, 2018
- Daily Readings for Friday, August 17, 2018
- Daily Reading for Saturday, August 18th, 2018 HD Video
- Praying for Peace at the Pentagon
- WANTED: Lepers and Prophets
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, August 16th, 2018 HD Video
- Shameless Persistence
- Catholic Church issues new guidelines for cremation. Here's what you ...
- 8 encouraging Bible verses to lift you up
- A very brief history of priestly celibacy in the Catholic Church
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- Catholicism in Hollywood: Not as rare as you might think - Celebrity
- Hope In The Time of Judgement HD
- Cobalt Blue Rosary Bracelet HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, August 15th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education