Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 25th, 2018
Daily Reading for Wednesday April 25, 2018
Reading 1, First Peter 5:5-14 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 6-7, 16-17 Gospel, Mark 16:15-20
Reading 1, First Peter 5:5-14
5 In the same way, younger people, be subject to the elders. Humility towards one another must be the garment you all wear constantly, because God opposes the proud but accords his favour to the humble.
6 Bow down, then, before the power of God now, so that he may raise you up in due time;
7 unload all your burden on to him, since he is concerned about you.
8 Keep sober and alert, because your enemy the devil is on the prowl like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
11 His power lasts for ever and ever. Amen.
12 I write these few words to you through Silvanus, who is a trustworthy brother, to encourage you and attest that this is the true grace of God. Stand firm in it!
13 Your sister in Babylon, who is with you among the chosen, sends you greetings; so does my son, Mark.
14 Greet one another with a kiss of love. Peace to you all who are in Christ.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 6-7, 16-17
2 for you have said: love is built to last for ever, you have fixed your constancy firm in the heavens.
3 'I have made a covenant with my Chosen One, sworn an oath to my servant David:
6 Who in the skies can compare with Yahweh? Who among the sons of god can rival him?
7 God, awesome in the assembly of holy ones, great and dreaded among all who surround him,
16 In your name they rejoice all day long, by your saving justice they are raised up.
17 You are the flower of their strength, by your favour our strength is triumphant;
Gospel, Mark 16:15-20
15 And he said to them, 'Go out to the whole world; proclaim the gospel to all creation.
20 while they, going out, preached everywhere, the Lord working with them and confirming the word by the signs that accompanied it.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 141:1-2, 3, 8
Gospel, Mark 10:13-16
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- American websites blocking Europeans over new data laws HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 28th, 2018 HD Video
- Commit yourself to ending war this Memorial Day
- Daily Readings for Saturday, May 26, 2018
- New rules for Colorado Civil Rights board after SCOTUS bakery case
- Another victory for life! California court rejects assisted suicide ...
- St. Philip Neri: Saint of the Day for Saturday, May 26, 2018
- Give God control: 20 verses to help during anxiety and fear
- NEW MARIAN APPARITION: Has the VIRGIN MARY APPEARED in Georgia? (PHOTO)
- The Happy Priest Reflects on Trinity Sunday and the Gift of Communion
- New rules for Colorado Civil Rights board after SCOTUS bakery case - ...
- Pope Francis says atheists can do good and go to heaven too!
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - 'The Word Became Flesh' John 1:1-14 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 27th, 2018 HD
- An Ebola outbreak has reached a major city, hereĂ˘Â€Â™s why that matters HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 26th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education