Daily Reading for Monday, February 12th, 2018
Daily Reading for Monday February 12, 2018
Reading 1, James 1:1-11 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:67, 68, 71, 72, 75, 76 Gospel, Mark 8:11-13
Reading 1, James 1:1-11
2 My brothers, consider it a great joy when trials of many kinds come upon you,
3 for you well know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance, and
4 perseverance must complete its work so that you will become fully developed, complete, not deficient in any way.
7 That sort of person, in two minds,
8 inconsistent in every activity, must not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
10 and the rich in being brought low. For the rich will last no longer than the wild flower;
11 the scorching sun comes up, and the grass withers, its flower falls, its beauty is lost. It is the same with the rich: in the middle of a busy life, the rich will wither.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:67, 68, 71, 72, 75, 76
67 Before I was punished I used to go astray, but now I keep to your promise.
68 You are generous and act generously, teach me your will.
71 It was good for me that I had to suffer, the better to learn your judgements.
72 The Law you have uttered is more precious to me than all the wealth in the world.
75 I know, Yahweh, that your judgements are upright, and in punishing me you show your constancy.
76 Your faithful love must be my consolation, as you have promised your servant.
Gospel, Mark 8:11-13
11 The Pharisees came up and started a discussion with him; they demanded of him a sign from heaven, to put him to the test.
13 And, leaving them again, he re-embarked and went away to the other side.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 60:3, 4-5, 12-13
Gospel, Matthew 7:1-5
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 25, 2018
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 25, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 26th, 2018 HD Video
- The Rosary Priest still inspires decades after death
- Former Vatican Diplomat found guilty of child pornography charges
- St. Thomas More and St. John Fisher: Catholic Martyrs
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 25th, 2018 HD Video
- Pope Francis has a plan to help refugees, and halt the tide of immigration HD
- Living the Catholic Way: The Church HD
- Living Words with Deacon Kieth Fournier - The Apostle Paul's Second Letter to the Corinthians HD
- Living Words with Deacon Keith Fournier - The Apostle Paul's words to the Galatians HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education