Daily Reading for Monday, February 12th, 2018
Daily Reading for Monday February 12, 2018
Reading 1, James 1:1-11 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:67, 68, 71, 72, 75, 76 Gospel, Mark 8:11-13
Reading 1, James 1:1-11
2 My brothers, consider it a great joy when trials of many kinds come upon you,
3 for you well know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance, and
4 perseverance must complete its work so that you will become fully developed, complete, not deficient in any way.
7 That sort of person, in two minds,
8 inconsistent in every activity, must not expect to receive anything from the Lord.
10 and the rich in being brought low. For the rich will last no longer than the wild flower;
11 the scorching sun comes up, and the grass withers, its flower falls, its beauty is lost. It is the same with the rich: in the middle of a busy life, the rich will wither.
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:67, 68, 71, 72, 75, 76
67 Before I was punished I used to go astray, but now I keep to your promise.
68 You are generous and act generously, teach me your will.
71 It was good for me that I had to suffer, the better to learn your judgements.
72 The Law you have uttered is more precious to me than all the wealth in the world.
75 I know, Yahweh, that your judgements are upright, and in punishing me you show your constancy.
76 Your faithful love must be my consolation, as you have promised your servant.
Gospel, Mark 8:11-13
11 The Pharisees came up and started a discussion with him; they demanded of him a sign from heaven, to put him to the test.
13 And, leaving them again, he re-embarked and went away to the other side.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 29:1-2, 3-4, 8, 9-10
Gospel, Mark 8:14-21
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- St. Wulfric: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Religious superiors voice shame over child abuse failings
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019
- Daily Reading for Thursday, February 21st, 2019 HD Video
- Assisted suicide threatens the entire medical profession, Maryland ...
- Bishops ask Supreme Court to hear case on racism in death sentencing
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, February 20th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 19th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 18th, 2019 HD
- Catholic Online School - Deacon Keith's Personal Message to All Catholics HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
Advertise on Catholic Online
Your ads on catholic.org
Catholic Online Email
Email with Catholic feel
Learn the Catholic way
Catholic Online School
Free Catholic education for all
K-12 & Adult Education Classes
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education