Daily Reading for Monday, September 30th, 2013
Daily Reading for Monday September 30, 2013
Reading 1, Zechariah 8:1-8 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 102:16-18, 19-21, 29, 22-23 Gospel, Luke 9:46-50
Reading 1, Zechariah 8:1-8
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 102:16-18, 19-21, 29, 22-23
18 This shall be put on record for a future generation, and a people yet to be born shall praise God:
19 Yahweh has leaned down from the heights of his sanctuary, has looked down from heaven to earth,
20 to listen to the sighing of the captive, and set free those condemned to death,
21 to proclaim the name of Yahweh in Zion, his praise in Jerusalem;
22 nations will gather together, and kingdoms to worship Yahweh.
23 In my journeying my strength has failed on the way;
Gospel, Luke 9:46-50
46 An argument started between them about which of them was the greatest.
47 Jesus knew what thoughts were going through their minds, and he took a little child whom he set by his side
48 and then he said to them, 'Anyone who welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me; and anyone who welcomes me, welcomes the one who sent me. The least among you all is the one who is the greatest.'
49 John spoke up. 'Master,' he said, 'we saw someone driving out devils in your name, and because he is not with us we tried to stop him.'
50 But Jesus said to him, 'You must not stop him: anyone who is not against you is for you.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 104:1, 24, 29-30, 31, 34
Gospel, John 20:19-23
Reading 2, First Corinthians 12:3-7, 12-13
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 21st, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 22nd, 2018 HD Video
- The Power of Pentecost. What Happened to Those Charismatic Catholics?
- Daily Readings for Sunday, May 20, 2018
- St. Bernardine of Siena: Saint of the Day for Sunday, May 20, 2018
- Another way to celebrate Mother's Day
- Thirty-four Chilean bishops resign as Pope Francis cracks down on ...
- Daily Reading for Sunday, May 20th, 2018 HD
- Vatican tells nuns, less time on social media, more prayer! HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 19th, 2018 HD
- A victory for life, Judge overturns California assisted suicide law HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education