Daily Reading for Saturday, August 10th, 2013
Daily Reading for Saturday August 10, 2013
Reading 1, Second Corinthians 9:6-10 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 112:1-2, 5-6, 7-8, 9 Gospel, John 12:24-26
Reading 1, Second Corinthians 9:6-10
7 Each one should give as much as he has decided on his own initiative, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.
8 God is perfectly able to enrich you with every grace, so that you always have enough for every conceivable need, and your resources overflow in all kinds of good work.
9 As scripture says: To the needy he gave without stint, his uprightness stands firm for ever.
10 The one who so freely provides seed for the sower and food to eat will provide you with ample store of seed for sowing and make the harvest of your uprightness a bigger one:
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 112:1-2, 5-6, 7-8, 9
1 Alleluia! How blessed is anyone who fears Yahweh, who delights in his commandments!
2 His descendants shall be powerful on earth, the race of the honest shall receive blessings:
5 All goes well for one who lends generously, who is honest in all his dealing;
7 Bad news holds no fears for him, firm is his heart, trusting in Yahweh.
8 His heart held steady, he has no fears, till he can gloat over his enemies.
9 To the needy he gives without stint, his uprightness stands firm for ever; his reputation is founded on strength.
Gospel, John 12:24-26
24 In all truth I tell you, unless a wheat grain falls into the earth and dies, it remains only a single grain; but if it dies it yields a rich harvest.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 5:2-3, 5-6, 7
Gospel, Matthew 5:38-42
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 19th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 18th, 2018 HD Video
- Never Lose Faith: God works in surprising ways
- In Imitation of St. Joseph, Model of Fathers of Families
- Pope Francis compares certain abortion to Nazi mentality
- Daily Readings for Monday, June 18, 2018
- St. Gregory Barbarigo: Saint of the Day for Monday, June 18, 2018
- Addicted to social media and online games? HereĂ˘Â€Â™s how to break the spell HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 17th, 2018 HD
- West Antarctica is melting faster than expected, hereĂ˘Â€Â™s why thatĂ˘Â€Â™s bad HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 16th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education