Daily Reading for Friday, June 7th, 2013
Daily Reading for Friday June 7, 2013
Reading 1, Ezekiel 34:11-16 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 23:1-3, 3-4, 5, 6 Gospel, Luke 15:3-7 Reading 2, Romans 5:5-11
Reading 1, Ezekiel 34:11-16
12 As a shepherd looks after his flock when he is with his scattered sheep, so shall I look after my sheep. I shall rescue them from wherever they have been scattered on the day of clouds and darkness.
13 I shall bring them back from the peoples where they are; I shall gather them back from the countries and bring them back to their own land. I shall pasture them on the mountains of Israel, in the ravines and in all the inhabited parts of the country.
14 I shall feed them in good pasturage; the highest mountains of Israel will be their grazing ground. There they will rest in good grazing grounds; they will browse in rich pastures on the mountains of Israel.
15 I myself shall pasture my sheep, I myself shall give them rest -- declares the Lord Yahweh.
16 I shall look for the lost one, bring back the stray, bandage the injured and make the sick strong. I shall watch over the fat and healthy. I shall be a true shepherd to them.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 23:1-3, 3-4, 5, 6
1 [Psalm Of David] Yahweh is my shepherd, I lack nothing.
2 In grassy meadows he lets me lie. By tranquil streams he leads me
3 to restore my spirit. He guides me in paths of saving justice as befits his name.
4 Even were I to walk in a ravine as dark as death I should fear no danger, for you are at my side. Your staff and your crook are there to soothe me.
5 You prepare a table for me under the eyes of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup brims over.
Gospel, Luke 15:3-7
3 So he told them this parable:
4 'Which one of you with a hundred sheep, if he lost one, would fail to leave the ninety-nine in the desert and go after the missing one till he found it?
5 And when he found it, would he not joyfully take it on his shoulders
6 and then, when he got home, call together his friends and neighbours, saying to them, "Rejoice with me, I have found my sheep that was lost."
Reading 2, Romans 5:5-11
6 When we were still helpless, at the appointed time, Christ died for the godless.
7 You could hardly find anyone ready to die even for someone upright; though it is just possible that, for a really good person, someone might undertake to die.
9 How much more can we be sure, therefore, that, now that we have been justified by his death, we shall be saved through him from the retribution of God.
10 For if, while we were enemies, we were reconciled to God through the death of his Son, how much more can we be sure that, being now reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 5:2-3, 5-6, 7
Gospel, Matthew 5:38-42
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis: Abortion of the sick and mentally ill is a 'Nazi mentality'
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 20th, 2018 HD Video
- BEHOLD A PALE HORSE: New strain of pandemic flu that kills 4-in-10 ...
- Pope's climate warning to oil-gas executives: 'There is no time to lose'
- Pope Francis: 'God works in mysterious ways...'
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- St. Romuald: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 19, 2018
- Fears regarding Pope Francis' health resurface after he says he is 'a ...
- 8 encouraging Bible verses to lift you up
- 7 powerful morning prayers you need to get your day started with God
- BEHOLD A PALE HORSE: Scientists warn of H7N9 flu that kills 4-in-10 - ...
- 'Love is patient, love is kind...' But 1 Corinthians 13 may not be ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 18th, 2018 HD
- Addicted to social media and online games? HereĂ˘Â€Â™s how to break the spell HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education