Romans - Chapter 6
3 You cannot have forgotten that all of us, when we were baptised into Christ Jesus, were baptised into his death.
6 realising that our former self was crucified with him, so that the self which belonged to sin should be destroyed and we should be freed from the slavery of sin.
12 That is why you must not allow sin to reign over your mortal bodies and make you obey their desires;
13 or give any parts of your bodies over to sin to be used as instruments of evil. Instead, give yourselves to God, as people brought to life from the dead, and give every part of your bodies to God to be instruments of uprightness;
15 What is the implication? That we are free to sin, now that we are not under law but under grace? Out of the question!
16 You know well that if you undertake to be somebody's slave and obey him, you are the slave of him you obey: you can be the slave either of sin which leads to death, or of obedience which leads to saving justice.
19 I am putting it in human terms because you are still weak human beings: as once you surrendered yourselves as servants to immorality and to a lawlessness which results in more lawlessness, now you have to surrender yourselves to uprightness which is to result in sanctification.
20 When you were the servants of sin, you felt no obligation to uprightness,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 102:2-3, 16-18, 19-21
Gospel, John 8:21-30
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Stem cell study provides new hope for MS patients
- Pope Francis explains a crucifix is not just for decoration
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 21st, 2018 HD Video
- International study shows stem cells can stop MS and relieve symptoms ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- Bl. John of Parma: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 20, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 35
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education