Act of Charity Before Holy Communion
how great was Thy love,
which drew Thee from the bosom of the Father
to this vale of tears,
to take our flesh and endure infinite miseries and wrongs,
yea, even the death of the Cross,
and that only for us miserable sinners
and for our salvation.
O how great was Thy love!
Thou mightest have condemned us,
and Thou didst rather choose to save us:
we were guilty,
and Thou, the sinless One,
didst endure our punishment to set us free.
Out of love it was that Thou camest down to take our flesh;
and when about to depart from this world to the Father,
Thou didst leave to us this Sacrament as a pledge of Thy love,
that after a new and wondrous manner
Thou mightest abide with us for ever;
Thou whose delights are to be with the children of men.
O Lord how worthy art Thou of Love,
who dost so much for love of us!
Wherefore I will love Thee, O Lord,
my Strength, my Refuge, and my Deliverer.
O God, Thou art true Love!
He that dwelleth in love dwelleth in Thee.
I desire to receive Thee in this Sacrament,
that I may be more firmly united with Thee in the bond of love.
Who shall separate me from the love of Christ my Saviour?
O that neither life, nor death,
nor any creature may have power to do so.
More Acts of Prayers
Showing 1 - 305 of 305
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
by Catholic Online
- World Youth Day kicks off with message: 'Have the courage to be saints'
- St. Francis de Sales: Saint of the Day for Thursday, January 24, 2019
- Daily Reading for Friday, January 25th, 2019 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, January 24, 2019
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019
- El Papa Francisco ya esta en Panama para la JMJ 2019
- 'Get ready!' Pope leaves for Panama, confirms visit to Japan
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 24th, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, January 22nd, 2019 HD
In the 4th century AD, Irish pirates captured a boy in Roman Britain and forced him to work as a slave. Yet, God chose this faithful boy to change the fate of an entire nation. Learn what happens when God calls the humble boy Patrick out of slavery to serve the Irish people.Start Class Now >
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education