Psalm 142 (the Seventh Penitential Psalm)
And enter not into judgment with Thy servant: for in Thy sight no man living shall be justified.
For the enemy hath persecuted my soul: He hath brought down my life to the earth.
He hath made me to dwell in darkness as those that have been dead of old: and my spirit is in anguish within me: my heart within me is troubled.
I remembered the days of old, I meditated on all Thy works: I meditated upon the words of Thy hands.
I stretched forth my hands to Thee: my soul is as earth without water unto Thee.
Hear me speedily, O Lord: my spirit hath fainted away.
Turn not away Thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.
Cause me to hear Thy mercy in the morning; for in Thee have I hoped.
Make the way known to me, wherein I should walk: for I have lifted up my soul to Thee.
Deliver me from my enemies, O Lord, to Thee have I fled: teach me to do Thy will, for Thou art my God.
Thy good spirit shall lead me into the right land: for thy Name's sake, O Lord, Thou wilt quicken me in Thy justice.
Thou wilt bring my soul out of trouble: and in Thy mercy Thou wilt destroy my enemies.
And Thou wilt cut of all them that afflict my soul: for I am Thy servant.
More Biblical Prayers
Showing 1 - 99 of 99
A Guide for Confession
Browser Prayers by Section
Prayer of the Day
How to pray the Rosary
El Rosario Santo
Sign of the Cross
The Way - The First Christians
The Chaplet of Divine Mercy
Stations of the Cross
by Catholic Online
- Saint Patrick Calls All Christians to be Missionaries to this Age
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, March 17, 2018
- St. Patrick: Saint of the Day for Saturday, March 17, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 33
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 34
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
- Thousands of students walk out of schools to protest gun violence HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education