Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 4th, 2013
Daily Reading for Wednesday September 4, 2013
Reading 1, Colossians 1:1-8 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 52:10, 11 Gospel, Luke 4:38-44
Reading 1, Colossians 1:1-8
6 that came to you in the same way as it is bearing fruit and growing throughout the world. It has had the same effect among you, ever since you heard about the grace of God and recognised it for what it truly is.
7 This you learnt from Epaphras, our very dear fellow-worker and a trustworthy deputy for us as Christ's servant,
8 and it was he who also told us all about your love in the Spirit.
I have the privilege - and the joy - of proclaiming the Bible readings for daily Mass to tens of thousands around the world. Lives are being changed by the power of the Word of God. The response has been overwhelming.
Your gift will help us produce these life changing Daily Readings for people worldwide.Sponsor Daily Readings
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 52:10, 11
Gospel, Luke 4:38-44
38 Leaving the synagogue he went to Simon's house. Now Simon's mother-in-law was in the grip of a high fever and they asked him to do something for her.
39 Standing over her he rebuked the fever and it left her. And she immediately got up and began to serve them.
40 At sunset all those who had friends suffering from diseases of one kind or another brought them to him, and laying his hands on each he cured them.
41 Devils too came out of many people, shouting, 'You are the Son of God.' But he warned them and would not allow them to speak because they knew that he was the Christ.
42 When daylight came he left the house and made his way to a lonely place. The crowds went to look for him, and when they had caught up with him they wanted to prevent him leaving them,
44 And he continued his proclamation in the synagogues of Judaea.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 49:14-15, 15-16, 17-18, 19-20
Gospel, Mark 9:41-50
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- St. Mary Magdalene de Pazzi: Saint of the Day for Friday, May 25, 2018
- Restorative prison reform bill is a good 'first step'
- Daily Reading for Saturday, May 26th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, May 25, 2018
- 'Pacem en Terris' still relevant today as 55 years ago
- An Ebola outbreak has reached a major city, hereĂ˘Â€Â™s why ...
- An Ebola outbreak has reached a major city, should you be worried?
- Gas prices could hit $5 Ă˘Â€Â" here are some tips to help you save HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, May 25th, 2018 HD
- Surprising study finds clean homes can cause childhood leukemia HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, May 24th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education