1 Peter - Chapter 3
1 Peter Chapters
1 In the same way, you wives should be obedient to your husbands. Then if there are some husbands who do not believe the Word, they may find themselves won over, without a word spoken, by the way their wives behave,
4 but the interior disposition of the heart, consisting in the imperishable quality of a gentle and peaceful spirit, so precious in the sight of God.
5 That was how the holy women of the past dressed themselves attractively -- they hoped in God and were submissive to their husbands;
6 like Sarah, who was obedient to Abraham, and called him her lord. You are now her children, as long as you live good lives free from fear and worry.
7 In the same way, husbands must always treat their wives with consideration in their life together, respecting a woman as one who, though she may be the weaker partner, is equally an heir to the generous gift of life. This will prevent anything from coming in the way of your prayers.
10 For Who among you delights in life, longs for time to enjoy prosperity? Guard your tongue from evil, your lips from any breath of deceit.
11 Turn away from evil and do good, seek peace and pursue it.
12 For the eyes of the Lord are on the upright, his ear turned to their cry. But the Lord's face is set against those who do evil.
18 Christ himself died once and for all for sins, the upright for the sake of the guilty, to lead us to God. In the body he was put to death, in the spirit he was raised to life,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 7:2-3, 9-10, 11-12
Gospel, John 7:40-53
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 19th, 2018 HD Video
- Saint Patrick Calls All Christians to be Missionaries to this Age
- Daily Readings for Saturday, March 17, 2018
- St. Patrick: Saint of the Day for Saturday, March 17, 2018
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 33
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fifth Week of Lent - Day 34
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 18th, 2018 HD
- The Earth is Dying: Human impact continues to shape the future of the planet HD
- Thousands of students walk out of schools to protest gun violence HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 17th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education