Matthew - Chapter 19
FREE Catholic Classes
1 Jesus had now finished what he wanted to say, and he left Galilee and came into the territory of Judaea on the far side of the Jordan.
5 and that he said: This is why a man leaves his father and mother and becomes attached to his wife, and the two become one flesh?
6 They are no longer two, therefore, but one flesh. So then, what God has united, human beings must not divide.'
7 They said to him, 'Then why did Moses command that a writ of dismissal should be given in cases of divorce?'
8 He said to them, 'It was because you were so hard-hearted, that Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but it was not like this from the beginning.
12 There are eunuchs born so from their mother's womb, there are eunuchs made so by human agency and there are eunuchs who have made themselves so for the sake of the kingdom of Heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.'
13 Then people brought little children to him, for him to lay his hands on them and pray. The disciples scolded them,
18 He said, 'Which ones?' Jesus replied, 'These: You shall not kill. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal. You shall not give false witness.
20 The young man said to him, 'I have kept all these. What more do I need to do?'
21 Jesus said, 'If you wish to be perfect, go and sell your possessions and give the money to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; then come, follow me.'
26 Jesus gazed at them. 'By human resources', he told them, 'this is impossible; for God everything is possible.'
28 Jesus said to them, 'In truth I tell you, when everything is made new again and the Son of man is seated on his throne of glory, you yourselves will sit on twelve thrones to judge the twelve tribes of Israel.
30 'Many who are first will be last, and the last, first.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:41, 43, 44, 45, 47, 48
Gospel, Luke 11:37-41
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- St. Ignatius of Antioch: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Forty years later, Polish bishops revisit election of Pope John Paul II
- Archdiocese confirms apparent murder of Mexican priest
- Brazilian bishop says basic synod theme is how to pass on the faith
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, October 17, 2018
- Prayer Requests Live for Monday, October 15th, 2018 HD Video
- Prayer Requests Live for Tuesday, October 16th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Thursday, October 18th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 17th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 16th, 2018 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 15th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education