Judith - Chapter 14
2 When morning comes and the sun is up, let every man take his arms and every able-bodied man leave the town. Appoint a leader for them, as if you meant to march down to the plain against the Assyrian advanced post. But you must not do this.
3 The Assyrians will gather up their equipment, make for their camp and wake up their commanders; they in turn will rush to the tent of Holofernes and not be able to find him. They will then be seized with panic and flee at your advance.
4 All you and the others who live in the territory of Israel will have to do is to give chase and slaughter them as they retreat.
7 They lifted him up. He then threw himself at Judith's feet and, prostrate before her, exclaimed: May you be blessed in all the tents of Judah and in every nation; those who hear your name will be seized with dread!
8 'Now tell me everything that you have done in these past few days.' And surrounded by the people, Judith told him everything she had done from the day she left Bethulia to the moment when she was speaking.
10 Achior, recognising all that the God of Israel had done, believed ardently in him and, accepting circumcision, was permanently incorporated into the House of Israel.
11 At daybreak they hung the head of Holofernes on the ramparts. Every man took his arms and they all went out in groups to the slopes of the mountain.
13 and these in their turn reported to the tent of Holofernes. 'Rouse our master,' they said to his major-domo, 'these slaves have dared to march down on us to attack -- and to be wiped out to a man!'
17 He then went into the tent which Judith had occupied and could not find her either. Then, rushing out to the men, he shouted,
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 42:2-3; 43:3, 4
Gospel, John 10:1-10
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Monday, April 23, 2018
- The Christian Duty: A mission of leading others to Jesus
- St. George: Saint of the Day for Monday, April 23, 2018
- Five things Catholics can do to promote international religious freedom
- The Eucharist's Importance to the Life of the Church
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, April 24th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 25th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, April 23rd, 2018 HD
- Has California just voted to ban the BIBLE? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 22nd, 2018 HD
- Global Warming threatening Europe with colder weather HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education