Daily Reading for Sunday, January 6th, 2019
Daily Reading for Sunday January 6, 2019
Reading 1, Isaiah 60:1-6 Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 72:1-2, 7-8, 10-11, 12-13 Gospel, Matthew 2:1-12 Reading 2, Ephesians 3:2-3, 5-6
Join Us Now >
Reading 1, Isaiah 60:1-6
4 Lift up your eyes and look around: all are assembling and coming towards you, your sons coming from far away and your daughters being carried on the hip.
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 72:1-2, 7-8, 10-11, 12-13
1 [Of Solomon] God, endow the king with your own fair judgement, the son of the king with your own saving justice,
2 that he may rule your people with justice, and your poor with fair judgement.
7 In his days uprightness shall flourish, and peace in plenty till the moon is no more.
8 His empire shall stretch from sea to sea, from the river to the limits of the earth.
12 For he rescues the needy who calls to him, and the poor who has no one to help.
13 He has pity on the weak and the needy, and saves the needy from death.
Gospel, Matthew 2:1-12
2 asking, 'Where is the infant king of the Jews? We saw his star as it rose and have come to do him homage.'
3 When King Herod heard this he was perturbed, and so was the whole of Jerusalem.
7 Then Herod summoned the wise men to see him privately. He asked them the exact date on which the star had appeared
8 and sent them on to Bethlehem with the words, 'Go and find out all about the child, and when you have found him, let me know, so that I too may go and do him homage.'
9 Having listened to what the king had to say, they set out. And suddenly the star they had seen rising went forward and halted over the place where the child was.
10 The sight of the star filled them with delight,
11 and going into the house they saw the child with his mother Mary, and falling to their knees they did him homage. Then, opening their treasures, they offered him gifts of gold and frankincense and myrrh.
12 But they were given a warning in a dream not to go back to Herod, and returned to their own country by a different way.
Reading 2, Ephesians 3:2-3, 5-6
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 1:1-2, 3, 4, 6
Gospel, Matthew 11:16-19
More Daily Readings
FREE Classes on the Bible Free, world-class Catholic education for anyone, anywhere
by Catholic Online
- Michigan lawmakers approve ban on telemedicine abortion pill ...
- St. John of the Cross: Saint of the Day for Friday, December 14, 2018
- Taking the Kingdom by Force: Learning from John the Baptizer
- Daily Reading for Sunday, December 16th, 2018 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, December 14, 2018
- Advent is a perfect time to re-dedicate ourselves to the Gospel of Life
- Prayer Requests Live for Thursday, December 13th, 2018 HD Video
- These are the Seven Most Powerful Prayers in History
- 8 encouraging Bible verses to lift you up
- 5 Things You Need To Know About 'Offering A Mass' For A Loved One
- Jamaica leads Caribbean nations in suing for slavery reparations - ...
- Here are 10 Very Interesting Facts About the Catholic Church You ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, December 15th, 2018 HD
- Prayer Requests Live for Wednesday, December 12th, 2018 HD
- A Personal Advent Thank You and Request from Deacon Keith HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, December 14th, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education