Isaiah - Chapter 59
1 No, the arm of Yahweh is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear,
6 Their webs are useless for clothing, their deeds are useless for wearing; their deeds are deeds of guilt, violence fills their hands.
13 rebellion and denial of Yahweh, turning our back on our God, talking violence and revolt, murmuring lies in our heart.
16 He saw there was no one and wondered there was no one to intervene. So he made his own arm his mainstay, his own saving justice his support.
18 To each he repays his due, retribution to his enemies, reprisals on his foes, to the coasts and islands he will repay their due.
20 Then for Zion will come a redeemer, for those who stop rebelling in Jacob, declares Yahweh.
21 'For my part, this is my covenant with them, says Yahweh. My spirit with which I endowed you, and my words that I have put in your mouth, will not leave your mouth, or the mouths of your children, or the mouths of your children's children, says Yahweh, henceforth and for ever.'
Reading 1, Judges 9:6-15: 6 All the leading men of Shechem and all Beth-Millo then met and ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 21:2-3, 4-5, 6-7: 2 You have granted him his heart's desire, ... Gospel, Matthew 20:1-16: 1 'Now the kingdom of Heaven is like a landowner going out at ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- As terrorists attacked, one church opened its doors. Here's what ...
- Archbishop reveals a surprise about Medjugorje HD Video
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- Priest admits to being former member of KKK, and speaks out about his ...
- St. Bartholomew: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 24, 2017
- In Barcelona, a church responded to a terrorist attack by opening its ...
- Forget Winter, Recession is Coming
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD