Isaiah - Chapter 59
1 No, the arm of Yahweh is not too short to save, nor his ear too dull to hear,
6 Their webs are useless for clothing, their deeds are useless for wearing; their deeds are deeds of guilt, violence fills their hands.
13 rebellion and denial of Yahweh, turning our back on our God, talking violence and revolt, murmuring lies in our heart.
16 He saw there was no one and wondered there was no one to intervene. So he made his own arm his mainstay, his own saving justice his support.
18 To each he repays his due, retribution to his enemies, reprisals on his foes, to the coasts and islands he will repay their due.
20 Then for Zion will come a redeemer, for those who stop rebelling in Jacob, declares Yahweh.
21 'For my part, this is my covenant with them, says Yahweh. My spirit with which I endowed you, and my words that I have put in your mouth, will not leave your mouth, or the mouths of your children, or the mouths of your children's children, says Yahweh, henceforth and for ever.'
Reading 1, Isaiah 49:1-6: 1 Coasts and islands, listen to me, pay attention, distant ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 139:1-3, 13-14, 14-15: 1 [For the choirmaster Of David Psalm] ... Gospel, Luke 1:57-66, 80: 57 The time came for Elizabeth to have her child, and she gave ... Reading ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- St. William of Vercelli: Saint of the Day for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, June 25, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD
Slow Burning Virtual Prayer Candle
Your contribution helps to maintain this corner of Catholic ... @ $11.25