Isaiah - Chapter 60
9 Why, the coasts and islands put their hope in me and the vessels of Tarshish take the lead in bringing your children from far away, and their silver and gold with them, for the sake of the name of Yahweh your God, of the Holy One of Israel who has made you glorious.
15 Instead of your being forsaken and hated, avoided by everyone, I will make you an object of eternal pride, a source of joy from age to age.
17 For bronze I shall bring gold and for iron I shall bring silver, and for wood, bronze, and for stone, iron; I shall make Peace your administration and Saving Justice your government.
21 Your people, all of them upright, will possess the country for ever, the shoot I myself have planted, my handiwork, for my own glory.
Reading 1, Jeremiah 7:23-28: 23 My one command to them was this: Listen to my voice, then ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 95:1-2, 6-7, 8-9: 1 Come, let us cry out with joy to Yahweh, ... Gospel, Luke 11:14-23: 14 He was driving out a devil and it was dumb; and it happened that ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 23, 2017
- St. Toribio Alfonso de Mogrovejo: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Pope Francis speaks out following the chaos in Westminster
- Pope Francis recognizes second miracle to Francisco and Jacinta ...
- Neil Gorsuch and end-of-life care: What ethical stance does he take?
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
- Peruvian woman miraculously survives deadly mudslide HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.