Philippians - Chapter 1
3 I thank my God whenever I think of you,
4 and every time I pray for you all, I always pray with joy
5 for your partnership in the gospel from the very first day up to the present.
7 It is only right that I should feel like this towards you all, because you have a place in my heart, since you have all shared together in the grace that has been mine, both my chains and my work defending and establishing the gospel.
12 Now I want you to realise, brothers, that the circumstances of my present life are helping rather than hindering the advance of the gospel.
13 My chains in Christ have become well known not only to all the Praetorium, but to everybody else,
14 and so most of the brothers in the Lord have gained confidence from my chains and are getting more and more daring in announcing the Message without any fear.
15 It is true that some of them are preaching Christ out of malice and rivalry; but there are many as well whose intentions are good;
17 There are others who are proclaiming Christ out of jealousy, not in sincerity but meaning to add to the weight of my chains.
18 But what does it matter? Only that in both ways, whether with false motives or true, Christ is proclaimed, and for that I am happy;
20 all in accordance with my most confident hope and trust that I shall never have to admit defeat, but with complete fearlessness I shall go on, so that now, as always, Christ will be glorified in my body, whether by my life or my death.
27 But you must always behave in a way that is worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come to you and see for myself or whether I only hear all about you from a distance, I shall find that you are standing firm and united in spirit, battling, as a team with a single aim, for the faith of the gospel.
28 undismayed by any of your opponents. This will be a clear sign, for them that they are to be lost, and for you that you are to be saved.
29 This comes from God, for you have been granted the privilege for Christ's sake not only of believing in him but of suffering for him as well;
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:2-3, 36-37, 42-43
Gospel, Luke 18:1-8
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis calls for end of life care to acknowledge mortality
- Daily Readings for Sunday, November 19, 2017
- The FBI may investigate Planned Parenthood
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD Video
- Has Pope Francis violated the 8th Commandment, speaking out against ...
- St. Nerses the Great: Saint of the Day for Sunday, November 19, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 20th, 2017 HD Video
- The Catholic Miracle. Become part of our incredible mission HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 19th, 2017 HD
- Did Pope Francis blast 'perverse attitude' of climate change deniers? HD
- Scientists warn: The end of life as we know it is near HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way