Isaiah - Chapter 24
1 See how Yahweh lays the earth waste, makes it a desert, buckles its surface, scatters its inhabitants,
11 People shout in the streets to try to get wine; all joy has vanished, happiness has been banished from the country.
14 They raise their voices, shouting for joy, in Yahweh's honour they shout from the west.
16 We have heard psalms from the remotest parts of earth, 'Glory to the Upright One!' But I thought, 'What an ordeal, what an ordeal! What misery for me!' The traitors have betrayed, the traitors have acted most treacherously.
18 And whoever flees from the cry of fear will fall into the pit, and whoever climbs out of the pit will be caught in the snare. Yes, the sluice-gates above are open, the foundations of the earth are quaking.
22 they will be herded together, herded together like prisoners in a dungeon and shut up in gaol, and, after long years, punished.
Reading 1, Hosea 14:2-10: 2 Israel, come back to Yahweh your God your guilt was the cause ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 81:6-8, 8-9, 10-11, 14, 17: 6 'I freed his shoulder from the ... Gospel, Mark 12:28-34: 28 One of the scribes who had listened to them debating appreciated ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Aldemar: Saint of the Day for Friday, March 24, 2017
- 'Living Lent': Friday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 24
- Daily Readings for Friday, March 24, 2017
- What happened during the London terror attack? HD Video
- Outrage as Catholic University erected CROSSES on their own property ...
- Why is this 14-foot statue of Our Lady underwater?
- Pope Francis prays for Westminster terror attack victims HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.