Isaiah - Chapter 39
2 Hezekiah was delighted at this and showed the ambassadors his entire treasury, the silver, gold, spices, precious oil, his armoury too, and everything to be seen in his storehouses. There was nothing in his palace or in his whole domain that Hezekiah did not show them.
3 The prophet Isaiah then came to King Hezekiah and asked him, 'What have these men said, and where have they come to you from?' Hezekiah answered, 'They have come from a distant country, from Babylon.'
4 Isaiah said, 'What have they seen in your palace?' 'They have seen everything in my palace,' Hezekiah answered. 'There is nothing in my storehouses that I have not shown them.'
7 "Sons sprung from you, sons begotten by you, will be abducted to be eunuchs in the palace of the king of Babylon." '
8 Hezekiah said to Isaiah, 'This word of Yahweh that you announce is reassuring,' for he was thinking, 'There is going to be peace and security during my lifetime.'
Reading 1, Isaiah 49:1-6: 1 Coasts and islands, listen to me, pay attention, distant ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 139:1-3, 13-14, 14-15: 1 [For the choirmaster Of David Psalm] ... Gospel, Luke 1:57-66, 80: 57 The time came for Elizabeth to have her child, and she gave ... Reading ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- St. John the Baptist: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD