Hebrews - Chapter 1
1 At many moments in the past and by many means, God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets; but
2 in our time, the final days, he has spoken to us in the person of his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things and through whom he made the ages.
3 He is the reflection of God's glory and bears the impress of God's own being, sustaining all things by his powerful command; and now that he has purged sins away, he has taken his seat at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high.
4 So he is now as far above the angels as the title which he has inherited is higher than their own name.
5 To which of the angels, then, has God ever said: You are my Son, today I have fathered you, or: I shall be a father to him and he a son to me?
9 you love uprightness and detest evil. This is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness, as none of your rivals.
Reading 1, Acts 12:1-11: 1 It was about this time that King Herod started persecuting ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9: 2 I will praise Yahweh from my heart; ... Gospel, Matthew 16:13-19: 13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi he put ... Reading ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Peter: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- The Martyrdom of the Apostles Peter and Paul Invites Us Into a New ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD ...
- Waymo announces self driving trucks, industry close to shifting
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 30th, 2017 HD Video
- ISIS sex slave forced to EAT her COOKED one-year-old BABY
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the Philippines HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD