Hebrews - Chapter 1
1 At many moments in the past and by many means, God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets; but
2 in our time, the final days, he has spoken to us in the person of his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things and through whom he made the ages.
3 He is the reflection of God's glory and bears the impress of God's own being, sustaining all things by his powerful command; and now that he has purged sins away, he has taken his seat at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high.
4 So he is now as far above the angels as the title which he has inherited is higher than their own name.
5 To which of the angels, then, has God ever said: You are my Son, today I have fathered you, or: I shall be a father to him and he a son to me?
9 you love uprightness and detest evil. This is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness, as none of your rivals.
Reading 1, Acts 5:34-42: 34 One member of the Sanhedrin, however, a Pharisee called ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 27:1, 4, 13-14: 1 [Of David] Yahweh is my light and my ... Gospel, John 6:1-15: 1 After this, Jesus crossed the Sea of Galilee -- or of Tiberias-2 ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Lesbian Nuns?! Hollywood director to create smut film disgracing ...
- Pope Francis refuses bulletproof popemobile during Egyptian papal visit
- Irish priest's healing prayers offer MIRACLES - But who is he?
- St. Athanasius HD Video
- St. Padre Pio appears in U.S. on 130th birthday anniversary HD Video
- Daily Readings for Friday, April 28, 2017
- St. Peter Chanel: Saint of the Day for Friday, April 28, 2017
- Daily Reading for Saturday, April 29th, 2017 HD
- Day 7 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Pope Francis surprises with TED Talk appearance and powerful message HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, April 28th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.