Hebrews - Chapter 1
1 At many moments in the past and by many means, God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets; but
2 in our time, the final days, he has spoken to us in the person of his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things and through whom he made the ages.
3 He is the reflection of God's glory and bears the impress of God's own being, sustaining all things by his powerful command; and now that he has purged sins away, he has taken his seat at the right hand of the divine Majesty on high.
4 So he is now as far above the angels as the title which he has inherited is higher than their own name.
5 To which of the angels, then, has God ever said: You are my Son, today I have fathered you, or: I shall be a father to him and he a son to me?
9 you love uprightness and detest evil. This is why God, your God, has anointed you with the oil of gladness, as none of your rivals.
Reading 1, Joshua 24:1-13: 1 Joshua gathered all the tribes of Israel together at Shechem; ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 136:1-3, 16-18, 21-22, 24: 1 Alleluia! Give thanks to Yahweh ... Gospel, Matthew 19:3-12: 3 Some Pharisees approached him, and to put him to the test they ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Saturday, August 19, 2017
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- New Jersey Mayor dismantles shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- St. John Eudes: Saint of the Day for Saturday, August 19, 2017
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD