Isaiah - Chapter 56
2 Blessed is anyone who does this, anyone who clings to it, observing the Sabbath, not profaning it, and abstaining from every evil deed.
5 I shall give them in my house and within my walls a monument and a name better than sons and daughters; I shall give them an everlasting name that will never be effaced.
6 As for foreigners who adhere to Yahweh to serve him, to love Yahweh's name and become his servants, all who observe the Sabbath, not profaning it, and cling to my covenant:
7 these I shall lead to my holy mountain and make them joyful in my house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and sacrifices will be accepted on my altar, for my house will be called a house of prayer for all peoples.
8 Lord Yahweh who gathers the exiles of Israel declares: There are others I shall gather besides those already gathered.
11 Greedy dogs, never satisfied, such are the shepherds, who understand nothing; they all go their own way, each to the last man after his own interest.
Reading 1, First Samuel 16:1, 6-7, 10-13: 1 Yahweh said to Samuel, 'How much longer do you ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 23:1-3, 3-4, 5, 6: 1 [Psalm Of David] Yahweh is my shepherd, I ... Gospel, John 9:1-41: 1 As he went along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth.2 His ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Medicaid - Who needs it and what will happen to the program with ...
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 27
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Rupert: Saint of the Day for Monday, March 27, 2017
- Daily Readings for Monday, March 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- The importance of human touch - Premature baby reaches out nurse in ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.