Galatians - Chapter 1
5 to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
13 You have surely heard how I lived in the past, within Judaism, and how there was simply no limit to the way I persecuted the Church of God in my attempts to destroy it;
14 and how, in Judaism, I outstripped most of my Jewish contemporaries in my limitless enthusiasm for the traditions of my ancestors.
18 Only after three years did I go up to Jerusalem to meet Cephas. I stayed fifteen days with him
20 I swear before God that what I have written is the truth.
21 After that I went to places in Syria and Cilicia;
Reading 1, Acts 12:1-11: 1 It was about this time that King Herod started persecuting ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9: 2 I will praise Yahweh from my heart; ... Gospel, Matthew 16:13-19: 13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi he put ... Reading ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 30th, 2017 HD Video
- ISIS sex slave forced to EAT her COOKED one-year-old BABY
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Waymo announces self driving trucks, industry close to shifting
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD ...
- The Martyrdom of the Apostles Peter and Paul Invites Us Into a New ...
- St. Peter: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the Philippines HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD