Isaiah - Chapter 35
1 Let the desert and the dry lands be glad, let the wasteland rejoice and bloom; like the asphodel,
2 let it burst into flower, let it rejoice and sing for joy. The glory of Lebanon is bestowed on it, the splendour of Carmel and Sharon; then they will see the glory of Yahweh, the splendour of our God.
5 Then the eyes of the blind will be opened, the ears of the deaf unsealed,
8 And through it will run a road for them and a highway which will be called the Sacred Way; the unclean will not be allowed to use it; He will be the one to use this road, the fool will not stray along it.
10 For those whom Yahweh has ransomed will return, they will come to Zion shouting for joy, their heads crowned with joy unending; rejoicing and gladness will escort them and sorrow and sighing will take flight.
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 4:1, 5-9: 1 'And now, Israel, listen to the laws and customs which ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 147:12-13, 15-16, 19-20: 12 Praise Yahweh, Jerusalem, Zion, ... Gospel, Matthew 5:17-19: 17 'Do not imagine that I have come to abolish the Law or the ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- ISIS deploys child soldiers to keep Christians from returning to Mosul
- St. Toribio Alfonso de Mogrovejo: Saint of the Day for Thursday, ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 23, 2017
- Pope Francis defends millennials, but warns them about too much ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 24th, 2017 HD Video
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious ...
- 'Living Lent': Thursday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 23
- st. nicholas
- st john the baptist
- daily readings
- saint george
- saint james
- Saint Patrick
- st. francis
- st. jude
- st. peter
- mother theresa
- st james
- st joan of arc
- advent prayers
- St Joseph
- ten commandments
- Pope Francis
- saint agnes
- St Anthony
- 10 commandments
- mary magdalene
- Supreme court nominee faces tough questions on religious freedom during confirmation hearings HD
- Christ's tomb reveals surprise after restoration HD
- Peruvian woman miraculously survives deadly mudslide HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 23rd, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.