Isaiah - Chapter 63
3 -I have trodden the winepress alone; of my people, not one was with me. So I trod them down in my anger, I trampled on them in my wrath. Their blood squirted over my garments and all my clothes are stained.
7 I shall recount Yahweh's acts of faithful love, Yahweh's praises, in return for all that Yahweh has done for us, for his great kindness to the House of Israel, for all that he has done in his mercy, for the abundance of his acts of faithful love.
9 In all their troubles, it was no messenger or angel but his presence that saved them. In his love and pity he himself redeemed them, lifted them up and carried them throughout the days of old.
10 But they rebelled and vexed his holy Spirit. Then he became their enemy and himself waged war on them.
12 whose glorious arm led the way by Moses' right hand? Who divided the waters before them to win himself everlasting renown,
14 as cattle going down to the plain. Yahweh's Spirit led them to rest. This was how you guided your people to win yourself glorious renown.
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 34:1-12: 1 Then, leaving the Plains of Moab, Moses went up Mount ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 66:1-3, 5, 8, 16-17: 1 [For the choirmaster Song Psalm] Acclaim ... Gospel, Matthew 18:15-20: 15 'If your brother does something wrong, go and have it out ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD Video
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD Video
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- The Vatican has a list of films you should see. Some of these will ...
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD
- Warning to California: Volcanoes could erupt, endangering half the state HD
- With eclipse near, Pope Francis warns against astrology and fortune telling HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 16th, 2017 HD