Isaiah - Chapter 64
3 Never has anyone heard, no ear has heard, no eye has seen any god but you act like this for the sake of those who trust him.
6 There is no one to invoke your name, to rouse himself to hold fast to you, for you have hidden your face from us and given us up to the power of our misdeeds.
8 Yahweh, do not let your anger go too far and do not remember guilt for ever. Look, please, we are all your people;
9 your holy cities have become a desert, Zion has become a desert, Jerusalem a wasteland.
11 Yahweh, can you restrain yourself at all this? Will you stay silent and afflict us beyond endurance?
Reading 1, Exodus 32:7-14: 7 Yahweh then said to Moses, 'Go down at once, for your people ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 106:19-20, 21-22, 23: 19 At Horeb they made a calf, bowed low ... Gospel, John 5:31-47: 31 Were I to testify on my own behalf, my testimony would not be ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Friday, March 31st, 2017 HD Video
- Implant allows paralyzed man to move arm using his thoughts HD Video
- Pregnant woman martyred for Jesus is beatified
- Victims of Texas horror crash identified as faithful church members
- Daily Readings for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Another life lost - Pray for Mexico's priests
- St. Peter Regulatus: Saint of the Day for Thursday, March 30, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, March 30th, 2017 HD
- Cause of California's drought is revealed HD
- Pope Francis' important message for children HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, March 29th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.