3 John - Chapter 1
3 John Chapters
2 My dear friend, I hope everything is going happily with you and that you are as well physically as you are spiritually.
3 It was a great joy to me when some brothers came and told of your faithfulness to the truth, and of your life in the truth.
4 It is always my greatest joy to hear that my children are living according to the truth.
8 it is our duty to welcome people of this sort and contribute our share to their work for the truth.
10 So if I come, I shall tell everyone how he has behaved, and about the wicked accusations he has been circulating against us. As if that were not enough, he not only refuses to welcome our brothers, but prevents from doing so other people who would have liked to, and expels them from the church.
14 However, I hope to see you soon and talk to you in person.
Reading 1, Genesis 13:2, 5-18: 2 Abram was very rich in livestock, silver and gold.5 Lot, ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 15:2-3, 3-4, 5: 2 Whoever lives blamelessly, who acts ... Gospel, Matthew 7:6, 12-14: 6 'Do not give dogs what is holy; and do not throw your pearls ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Is Atheism a religion?
- Vatican asks for the release of bishop forcibly removed from diocese
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD Video
- St. Cyril of Alexandria: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD Video
- Supreme Court sides with church in playground case
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, June 27, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD