Isaiah - Chapter 13
1 Proclamation about Babylon, seen by Isaiah son of Amoz.
5 They come from a distant country, from the far horizons, Yahweh and the instruments of his fury to lay the whole country waste.
6 Howl! For the Day of Yahweh is near, coming like devastation from Shaddai.
8 they are panic-stricken, seized with pains and convulsions; they writhe like a woman in labour, they look at one another appalled, with feverish faces.
11 I am going to punish the world for its wickedness and the wicked for their guilt, and put an end to the pride of the arrogant and humble the haughtiness of despots.
12 I shall make people scarcer than pure gold, human life scarcer than the gold of Ophir.
Reading 1, Isaiah 65:17-21: 17 For look, I am going to create new heavens and a new earth, ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 30:2, 4, 5-6, 11-13: 2 Yahweh, my God, I cried to you for help ... Gospel, John 4:43-54: 43 When the two days were over Jesus left for Galilee.44 He himself ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- What warning did Pope Francis deliver to all Christians?
- Catholic Archdiocese of Mexico calls out 'traitor' Mexicans HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 28
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- St. Venturino of Bergamo: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, March 28, 2017
- Pope Francis in Milan - What did he do and how will he conclude his ...
- Supermassive black hole discovered surfing gravitational wave HD Video
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.