Ephesians - Chapter 1
4 Thus he chose us in Christ before the world was made to be holy and faultless before him in love,
6 to the praise of the glory of his grace, his free gift to us in the Beloved,
8 which he has showered on us in all wisdom and insight.
12 chosen to be, for the praise of his glory, the people who would put their hopes in Christ before he came.
14 who is the pledge of our inheritance, for the freedom of the people whom God has taken for his own, for the praise of his glory.
16 have never failed to thank God for you and to remember you in my prayers.
19 and how extraordinarily great is the power that he has exercised for us believers; this accords with the strength of his power
20 at work in Christ, the power which he exercised in raising him from the dead and enthroning him at his right hand, in heaven,
Reading 1, Sirach 17:19-27: 19 Their actions are all as plain as the sun to him, and his ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 32:1-2, 5, 6, 7: 1 [Of David Poem] How blessed are those whose ... Gospel, Mark 10:17-27: 17 He was setting out on a journey when a man ran up, knelt before ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Your Daily Inspirational Meme: Faith Is Believing
- Here are the answers to the Ash Wednesday quiz. How did you do?
- Pope Francis makes history by celebrating Christ alongside an ...
- Oarfish strandings in Philippines could mean massive quake coming HD ...
- Who do YOU answer to? Californians prepare safe houses for illegal ...
- St. Hilary, Pope: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, February 28, 2017
- St. Dominic Savio HD
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear of assassination HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 27th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.