Isaiah - Chapter 15
4 Heshbon and Elealeh are crying out in distress, their voices can be heard as far as Jahaz. That is why the warriors of Moab are shivering, his soul trembles at the sound.
5 His heart cries out in distress for Moab, whose fugitives are already at Zoar, nearly at Eglath-Shelishiyah. They climb the slope of Luhith, weeping as they go; on the road to Horonaim they utter heart-rending cries.
8 For the cry for help re-echoes round the territory of Moab; their wailing, right to Eglaim, to Beer-Elim, their wailing;
Reading 1, First Peter 5:5-14: 5 In the same way, younger people, be subject to the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 89:2-3, 6-7, 16-17: 2 for you have said: love is built to last ... Gospel, Mark 16:15-20: 15 And he said to them, 'Go out to the whole world; proclaim the ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD Video
- 'We will not stand for this. Watch!' - Trump imposes immediate 20 ...
- 'The love of Jesus in invincible' - Pope Francis prays Regina Coeli ...
- St. Mark: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Astonishing secret cavern where the Knights Templar hid revealed
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths ...
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Day 4 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, April 26th, 2017 HD
- France's Presidential Runoff: Another choice between a nationalist and a globalist HD
- Day 3 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.