Isaiah - Chapter 47
1 Step down! Sit in the dust, virgin daughter of Babylon. Sit on the ground, no throne, daughter of the Chaldaeans, for never again will you be called tender and delicate.
3 Let your nakedness be displayed and your shame exposed. I am going to take vengeance and no one will stand in my way.
5 Sit in silence, bury yourself in darkness, daughter of the Chaldaeans, for never again will you be called the mistress of kingdoms.
10 Confident in your wickedness, you thought, 'No one can see me.' Your wishes and your knowledge were what deluded you, as you thought to yourself, 'I am the only one who matters.'
11 Hence, disaster will befall you which you will not know how to charm away, calamity overtake you which you will not be able to avert, ruination will suddenly befall you, such as you have never known.
13 You have had many tiring consultations: let the astrologers come forward now and save you, the star-gazers who announce month by month what will happen to you next.
Reading 1, Deuteronomy 7:6-11: 6 For you are a people consecrated to Yahweh your God; of ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:1-2, 3-4, 6-7, 8, 10: 1 [Of David] Bless Yahweh, my soul, ... Gospel, Matthew 11:25-30: 25 At that time Jesus exclaimed, 'I bless you, Father, Lord of ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 24, 2017
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- St. John the Baptist: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 24, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD