Saints & Angels
Saint Feast Days by Month
St. Stephen the Great (977-1038), was the son of the Magyar chieftain Geza, Stephen succeeded him as leader in 997. Already raised a Christian, in 996 he wed the daughter of Duke Henry II of Bavaria ... continue readingMore Saint of the Day
St. Bernadette was born in Lourdes, France on January 7, 1844. Her parents were very poor and she was the first of nine children. She was baptized at St. Pierre's, the local parish church, on January 9. As a toddler, Bernadette contracted cholera and suffered extreme ... continue readingMore Female Saints
Saint Michael the Archangel isn't a saint, but rather he is an angel, and the leader of all angels and of the army of God. This is what the title "Archangel" means, that he is above all the others in rank. St. Michael has four main responsibilities or offices, as we ... continue reading
St. Gabriel is an angel who serves as a messenger for God to certain people. He is one of the three archangels. Gabriel is mentioned in both the Old and the New Testaments of the Bible. First, in the Old Testament, Gabriel appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his ... continue reading
Bishop of Ruspe, Tunisia, and a friend of St. Augustine. Born Fabius Claudius Gordianus Fulgentius of Carthage, he was a Roman of senatorial rank. His mother, widowed, opposed Fulgentius' religious career, but he became a monk. He became abbot with Felix but had to ... continue reading
Fulton John Sheen (born Peter John Sheen, May 8, 1895 - December 9, 1979) was an American archbishop of the Roman Catholic Church known for his preaching and especially his work on television and radio. His cause for canonization for sainthood was officially opened in ... continue reading
By Deacon Frederick Bartels
Why is the Assumption important? First, lets look at what this dogma is all about. On 1 November, 1950, Pope Pius XII issued the Apostolic Constitution Munificentissimus Deus in which he proclaimed the dogma of the Assumption: "Mary, the immaculate perpetually Virgin ... continue readingMore Christian Saints & Heroes
by Catholic Online
- People in Yemen are dying of a foul and dreaded disease as civil war ...
- St. Stephen the Great: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 16, 2017
- There is a secret plan for America, and what we're seeing is just the ...
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- Corrupt media censoring news of lawsuit against Democratic National ...
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 17th, 2017 HD