Isaiah - Chapter 57
3 But you, you children of a witch, come here, adulterous race prostituting yourselves!
4 At whom are you jeering, at whom are you making faces and sticking out your tongue? Are you not the spawn of rebellion, a lying race?
5 Lusting among the terebinths, and under every spreading tree, sacrificing children in the ravines, below the clefts in the rocks.
8 Behind door and doorpost you have set your reminder. Yes, far from me, you exposed yourself, climbed on to your bed, and made the most of it. You struck a profitable bargain with those whose bed you love, whoring with them often, with your eyes on the sacred symbol.
10 Though tired by so much travelling, you never said, 'It is no use.' Finding your strength revive, you never gave up.
12 Now I shall expose this uprightness of yours, and little good it did you.
13 When you cry for help, let those thronging round you save you! The wind will carry them all away, one puff will take them off. But whoever trusts in me will inherit the country, he will own my holy mountain.
14 Then it will be said: Level up, level up, clear the way, remove the obstacle from my people's way,
15 for thus says the High and Exalted One who lives eternally and whose name is holy, 'I live in the holy heights but I am with the contrite and humble, to revive the spirit of the humble, to revive the heart of the contrite.
16 'For I do not want to be forever accusing nor always to be angry, or the spirit would fail under my onslaught, the souls that I myself have made.
19 bringing praise to their lips. Peace, peace to far and near, Yahweh says, and I shall heal him.'
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 130:1-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-8
Gospel, Matthew 5:20-26
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 12
- The Biblical Seal of Isaiah has been found! HD Video
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 13
- Daily Readings for Saturday, February 24, 2018
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 25th, 2018 HD Video
- St. John Theristus: Saint of the Day for Saturday, February 24, 2018
- 'Living Lent': Tuesday of the Second Week of Lent - Day 14
- The Tragic Reason Mass Shootings Happen, and it's NOT the guns HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 24th, 2018 HD
- Spiritual Warfare and the Help of Angels HD
- St. Lawrence, Deacon and Martyr HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education