Isaiah - Chapter 7
1 In the reign of Ahaz son of Jotham, son of Uzziah king of Judah, Razon king of Aram advanced on Jerusalem with Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel, to attack it; but he was unable to attack it.
4 and say to him, "Pay attention and keep calm. Do not be frightened or demoralised by these two smouldering sticks of firewood, by the fierce anger of Razon, Aram and the son of Remaliah,
15 On curds and honey will he feed until he knows how to refuse the bad and choose the good.
17 Yahweh will bring times for you, your people and your ancestral House, such as have not been seen since Ephraim broke away from Judah (the king of Assyria).
19 and they will all come and settle on the streams in the gullies, in the holes in the rocks, on all the thorn-bushes and on all the water-points.
23 When that day comes, wherever there used to be a thousand vines worth a thousand pieces of silver, all will be brambles and thorn-bushes;
24 to be ventured into only with arrows and bow, for the country will be nothing but brambles and thorn-bushes.
Reading 1, Judges 2:11-19: 11 The Israelites then did what is evil in Yahweh's eyes and ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 106:34-35, 36-37, 39-40, 43, 44: 34 They did not destroy the ... Gospel, Matthew 19:16-22: 16 And now a man came to him and asked, 'Master, what good deed ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- Statue of St. Serra vandalized, are Christian crosses next?
- St. Andrew the Scot: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, August 22, 2017
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian ...
- 'A Sign of the Times': A warning against 'expelling incoming ...
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD Video
- 'Annabelle: Creation': Catholic Exorcist discusses power of hit ...
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug on her life support HD
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD