Isaiah - Chapter 7
1 In the reign of Ahaz son of Jotham, son of Uzziah king of Judah, Razon king of Aram advanced on Jerusalem with Pekah son of Remaliah king of Israel, to attack it; but he was unable to attack it.
4 and say to him, "Pay attention and keep calm. Do not be frightened or demoralised by these two smouldering sticks of firewood, by the fierce anger of Razon, Aram and the son of Remaliah,
15 On curds and honey will he feed until he knows how to refuse the bad and choose the good.
17 Yahweh will bring times for you, your people and your ancestral House, such as have not been seen since Ephraim broke away from Judah (the king of Assyria).
19 and they will all come and settle on the streams in the gullies, in the holes in the rocks, on all the thorn-bushes and on all the water-points.
23 When that day comes, wherever there used to be a thousand vines worth a thousand pieces of silver, all will be brambles and thorn-bushes;
24 to be ventured into only with arrows and bow, for the country will be nothing but brambles and thorn-bushes.
Reading 1, Acts 5:27-33: 27 When they had brought them in to face the Sanhedrin, the high ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 34:2, 9, 17-18, 19-20: 2 I will praise Yahweh from my heart; ... Gospel, John 3:31-36: 31 He who comes from above is above all others; he who is of the ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- The Saint Pio Foundation to Honor Hon. Rick and Karen Santorum and ...
- St. Zita: Saint of the Day for Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Daily Readings for Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Pope Francis surprises with TED Talk appearance and powerful message ...
- Wait, what? Did Pope Francis just buy a private beach? Yes he did, ...
- Has the Trump administration betrayed the Little Sisters of the Poor?
- Daily Reading for Friday, April 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Day 6 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, April 27th, 2017 HD
- Cherokee Nation sues drug distributors while CDC claims opioid deaths are underreported HD
- Day 5 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.