Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 1
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
2 The sands of the sea, the drops of rain, the days of eternity -- who can count them?
3 The height of the sky, the breadth of the earth, the depth of the abyss -- who can explore them?
6 For whom has the root of wisdom ever been uncovered? Her resourceful ways, who knows them?
12 The fear of the Lord gladdens the heart, giving happiness, joy and long life.
14 The basis of wisdom is to fear the Lord; she was created with the faithful in their mothers' womb;
15 she has made a home in the human race, an age -- old foundation, and to their descendants will she faithfully cling.
16 The fullness of wisdom is to fear the Lord; she intoxicates them with her fruits;
18 The crown of wisdom is to fear the Lord: she makes peace and health flourish.
20 The root of wisdom is to fear the Lord, and her branches are long life.
30 Do not grow too high and mighty, for fear you fall and cover yourself in disgrace; for the Lord would then reveal your secrets and overthrow you before the whole community for not having practised fear of the Lord and for having a heart full of deceit.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 122:1-2, 3-4, 4-5
Gospel, Luke 8:19-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Humanitarian crisis worsens in Puerto Rico HD Video
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Pope Francis speaks about 'Love of Neighbor'
- Sts. Cosmas & Damian: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, September 26, 2017
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD Video
- Prayers for Puerto Rico - Residents without food, water or ...
- North Korea moves warplanes to intercept American bombers
- Trump speech rocks NFL as more players protest during Anthem HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, September 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD