Habakkuk - Chapter 1
3 Why do you make me see wrong-doing, why do you countenance oppression? Plundering and violence confront me, contention and discord flourish.
5 Cast your eyes over the nations, look, and be amazed, astounded. For I am doing something in your own days which you will not believe if you are told of it.
6 For look, I am stirring up the Chaldaeans, that fierce and fiery nation who march miles across country to seize the homes of others.
7 They are dreadful and awesome, a law and authority to themselves.
11 Then the wind changes and is gone . . . Guilty is he who makes his strength his god.
13 Your eyes are too pure to rest on evil, you cannot look on at oppression. Why do you look on at those who play the traitor, why say nothing while the wicked swallows someone more upright than himself?
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 145:2-3, 8-9, 17-18
Gospel, Matthew 20:1-16
Reading 2, Philippians 1:20-24, 27
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- North Korea threatens to test H-Bomb over Pacific
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, September 26th, 2017 HD Video
- It's time to regulate Facebook and other social media
- Daily Reading for Monday, September 25th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Martyrs of Chalcedon: Saint of the Day for Sunday, September 24, 2017
- At UN, the Vatican asks all nations to help in fight against human ...
- Woman photographs angel in flight, is it here to deliver a message? HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, September 24th, 2017 HD
- Hurricane Maria: The worst disaster for Puerto Rico HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, September 23rd, 2017 HD