Isaiah - Chapter 16
2 for soon, like a fluttered bird, like nestlings cast out, will be the women of Moab at the fords of the Arnon.
4 let those who have been driven out of Moab come and live with you; be their refuge in the face of the devastator. Once the oppression is past, and the devastation has stopped and those now trampling on the country have gone away,
6 We have heard about Moab's pride, about how very proud it is, about its arrogance, its pride, its rage, its bravado, which will come to nothing!
8 For Heshbon's vineyards are withering, the vine of Sibmah whose red grapes used to overcome the overlords of the nations. It used to reach to Jazer, had wound its way into the desert, its shoots grew so numerous they spread across the sea.
13 Such was the word which Yahweh spoke about Moab in the past.
14 And now Yahweh has spoken in these terms, 'Within three years, as a hired worker reckons them, the glory of Moab will be humbled, despite its teeming population. It will be reduced to nothing, an insignificant remnant.'
Reading 1, Isaiah 56:1, 6-7: 1 Thus says Yahweh: Make fair judgement your concern, act ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8: 2 Then the earth will acknowledge your ways, ... Gospel, Matthew 15:21-28: 21 Jesus left that place and withdrew to the region of Tyre and ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux: Saint of the Day for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- New Jersey Mayor dismantles shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- Daily Readings for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- St Joseph
- ten commandments
- Pope Francis
- saint agnes
- St Anthony
- 10 commandments
- mary magdalene
- Patron saints
- st bernadette
- pope francis
- St. John
- holy spirit
- morning prayer
- Saint Elizabeth
- St. Augustine
- Saint Anne
- st agnes
- saint monica
- saint catherine
- Saint Lucy
- saint clare
- saint rose
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD