2 Timothy - Chapter 1
2 Timothy Chapters
5 I also remember your sincere faith, a faith which first dwelt in your grandmother Lois, and your mother Eunice, and I am sure dwells also in you.
6 That is why I am reminding you now to fan into a flame the gift of God that you possess through the laying on of my hands.
9 who has saved us and called us to be holy -- not because of anything we ourselves had done but for his own purpose and by his own grace. This grace had already been granted to us, in Christ Jesus, before the beginning of time,
11 in whose service I have been made herald, apostle and teacher.
12 That is why I am experiencing my present sufferings; but I am not ashamed, because I know in whom I have put my trust, and I have no doubt at all that he is able to safeguard until that Day what I have entrusted to him.
14 With the help of the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, look after that precious thing given in trust.
15 As you know, Phygelus and Hermogenes and all the others in Asia have deserted me.
18 May the Lord grant him to find the Lord's mercy on that Day. You know better than anyone else how much he helped me at Ephesus.
Reading 1, Judges 9:6-15: 6 All the leading men of Shechem and all Beth-Millo then met and ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 21:2-3, 4-5, 6-7: 2 You have granted him his heart's desire, ... Gospel, Matthew 20:1-16: 1 'Now the kingdom of Heaven is like a landowner going out at ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Cultured meats coming to a store near you in 2018
- Here are four martyrs who died, protecting the seal of confession
- New research shows global warming is not your fault. Here's why
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- St. Philip Benizi: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, August 23, 2017
- Does the Aug 21 eclipse spell doom for humanity? HD Video
- Trump announces new Afghan strategy - do we get to win this time? HD ...
- Daily Reading for Thursday, August 24th, 2017 HD
- 10 US Sailors missing after serious collision in Southeast Asian waters HD
- Jerry Lewis passes away at 91, was most proud of his family HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, August 23rd, 2017 HD