Isaiah - Chapter 2
1 The vision of Isaiah son of Amoz, concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
3 many peoples will come to it and say, 'Come, let us go up to the mountain of Yahweh, to the house of the God of Jacob that he may teach us his ways so that we may walk in his paths.' For the Law will issue from Zion and the word of Yahweh from Jerusalem.
4 Then he will judge between the nations and arbitrate between many peoples. They will hammer their swords into ploughshares and their spears into sickles. Nation will not lift sword against nation, no longer will they learn how to make war.
9 Human nature has been humbled, humankind brought low: do not raise them again!
19 they will go into the caverns of the rocks and into the fissures of the earth in terror of Yahweh, at the brilliance of his majesty, when he arises to make the earth quake.
20 That day, people will fling to moles and bats the silver idols and golden idols which have been made for them to worship,
Reading 1, Isaiah 49:1-6: 1 Coasts and islands, listen to me, pay attention, distant ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 139:1-3, 13-14, 14-15: 1 [For the choirmaster Of David Psalm] ... Gospel, Luke 1:57-66, 80: 57 The time came for Elizabeth to have her child, and she gave ... Reading ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Monday, June 26th, 2017 HD Video
- 'Half-Man-Half-Beast sent by the Devil' sparks fear in South African ...
- St. John the Baptist: Saint of the Day for Saturday, June 24, 2017
- The end of the farm as we know it has arrived - here's how we're ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, June 27th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, June 24, 2017
- How a Catholic should deal with Tinder and other dating apps
- Daily Reading for Sunday, June 25th, 2017 HD
- Pope Francis prepares an incredible gift of love and solidarity for South Sudan HD
- St. Emma HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, June 24th, 2017 HD