Isaiah - Chapter 2
1 The vision of Isaiah son of Amoz, concerning Judah and Jerusalem.
3 many peoples will come to it and say, 'Come, let us go up to the mountain of Yahweh, to the house of the God of Jacob that he may teach us his ways so that we may walk in his paths.' For the Law will issue from Zion and the word of Yahweh from Jerusalem.
4 Then he will judge between the nations and arbitrate between many peoples. They will hammer their swords into ploughshares and their spears into sickles. Nation will not lift sword against nation, no longer will they learn how to make war.
9 Human nature has been humbled, humankind brought low: do not raise them again!
19 they will go into the caverns of the rocks and into the fissures of the earth in terror of Yahweh, at the brilliance of his majesty, when he arises to make the earth quake.
20 That day, people will fling to moles and bats the silver idols and golden idols which have been made for them to worship,
Reading 1, Sirach 17:1-15: 1 The Lord fashioned human beings from the earth, to consign ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 103:13-14, 15-16, 17-18: 13 As tenderly as a father treats his ... Gospel, Mark 10:13-16: 13 People were bringing little children to him, for him to touch ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Your Daily Inspirational Meme: Thank you, Lord, for always being ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, February 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Readings for Saturday, February 25, 2017
- St. Tarasius: Saint of the Day for Saturday, February 25, 2017
- Clinton contributor makes revealing 'life insurance' video over fear ...
- Christians warn against witches 'binding spell' of U.S. President ...
- 92-year-old woman blessed with gift to help newborns
- Daily Reading for Monday, February 27th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, February 26th, 2017 HD
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South Sudan HD
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.