Isaiah - Chapter 6
1 In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord seated on a high and lofty throne; his train filled the sanctuary.
4 The door-posts shook at the sound of their shouting, and the Temple was full of smoke.
7 With this it touched my mouth and said: 'Look, this has touched your lips, your guilt has been removed and your sin forgiven.'
10 Make this people's heart coarse, make their ears dull, shut their eyes tight, or they will use their eyes to see, use their ears to hear, use their heart to understand, and change their ways and be healed.'
12 and Yahweh has driven the people away and the country is totally abandoned.
13 And suppose one-tenth of them are left in it, that will be stripped again, like the terebinth, like the oak, cut back to the stock; their stock is a holy seed.'
Reading 1, Joshua 3:7-10, 11, 13-17: 7 Yahweh said to Joshua, 'This very day, I shall ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 114:1-2, 3-4, 5-6: 1 Alleluia! When Israel came out of Egypt, ... Gospel, Matthew 18:21--19:1: 21 Then Peter went up to him and said, 'Lord, how often must ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Should history be rewritten to appease the angry? HD Video
- North Korea launches purge against Christians as faith spreads across ...
- Daily Readings for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- St. Clare of Montefalco: Saint of the Day for Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Over 20 million people facing starvation - and we should care!
- Get ready for self checkout everywhere: 3.5 million retail cashiers ...
- Pro-life wins in Texas with new law to protect religious freedom and ...
- Daily Reading for Friday, August 18th, 2017 HD
- Catholic Online YouTube HD
- Today is the Feast of the Assumption. Why do we celebrate it? HD
- North Korea backs down in face of U.S. threat, but why? HD