Isaiah - Chapter 6
1 In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord seated on a high and lofty throne; his train filled the sanctuary.
4 The door-posts shook at the sound of their shouting, and the Temple was full of smoke.
7 With this it touched my mouth and said: 'Look, this has touched your lips, your guilt has been removed and your sin forgiven.'
10 Make this people's heart coarse, make their ears dull, shut their eyes tight, or they will use their eyes to see, use their ears to hear, use their heart to understand, and change their ways and be healed.'
12 and Yahweh has driven the people away and the country is totally abandoned.
13 And suppose one-tenth of them are left in it, that will be stripped again, like the terebinth, like the oak, cut back to the stock; their stock is a holy seed.'
Reading 1, First Samuel 16:1, 6-7, 10-13: 1 Yahweh said to Samuel, 'How much longer do you ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 23:1-3, 3-4, 5, 6: 1 [Psalm Of David] Yahweh is my shepherd, I ... Gospel, John 9:1-41: 1 As he went along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth.2 His ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- 'Living Lent': Saturday of the Third Week of Lent - Day 25
- 'Living Lent': Monday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 27
- 'Living Lent': Sunday of the Fourth Week of Lent - Day 26
- Daily Readings for Sunday, March 26, 2017
- St. Margaret Clitherow: Saint of the Day for Sunday, March 26, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, March 28th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Sunday, March 26th, 2017 HD Video
- Daily Reading for Monday, March 27th, 2017 HD
- Adorable girl captured stealing Pope Francis' hat in hilarious footage HD
- Cause of cancer detected from unexpected and unpreventable element HD
- Daily Reading for Saturday, March 25th, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.