Isaiah - Chapter 6
1 In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord seated on a high and lofty throne; his train filled the sanctuary.
4 The door-posts shook at the sound of their shouting, and the Temple was full of smoke.
7 With this it touched my mouth and said: 'Look, this has touched your lips, your guilt has been removed and your sin forgiven.'
10 Make this people's heart coarse, make their ears dull, shut their eyes tight, or they will use their eyes to see, use their ears to hear, use their heart to understand, and change their ways and be healed.'
12 and Yahweh has driven the people away and the country is totally abandoned.
13 And suppose one-tenth of them are left in it, that will be stripped again, like the terebinth, like the oak, cut back to the stock; their stock is a holy seed.'
Reading 1, Acts 12:1-11: 1 It was about this time that King Herod started persecuting ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 34:2-3, 4-5, 6-7, 8-9: 2 I will praise Yahweh from my heart; ... Gospel, Matthew 16:13-19: 13 When Jesus came to the region of Caesarea Philippi he put ... Reading ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- St. Peter: Saint of the Day for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Could man who destroyed Ten Commandments monument be possessed?
- Mafia responds to Pope Francis' suggestion they be excommunicated HD ...
- Waymo announces self driving trucks, industry close to shifting
- Daily Reading for Friday, June 30th, 2017 HD Video
- ISIS sex slave forced to EAT her COOKED one-year-old BABY
- Daily Readings for Thursday, June 29, 2017
- Daily Reading for Thursday, June 29th, 2017 HD
- Terrorists using Christians as sex slaves and human shields in the Philippines HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, June 28th, 2017 HD
- Central bankers warn of looming global recession HD