Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 4
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
6 for if someone curses you in distress, his Maker will give ear to the imprecation.
11 Wisdom brings up her own children and cares for those who seek her.
12 Whoever loves her loves life, those who seek her early will be filled with joy.
20 Take circumstances into account and beware of evil, and have no cause to be ashamed of yourself;
21 for there is a shame that leads to sin and a shame that is honourable and gracious.
23 Do not refrain from speaking when it will do good, and do not hide your wisdom;
24 for your wisdom is made known by what you say, your erudition by the words you utter.
31 Do not let your hands be outstretched to receive, yet tight-fisted when the time comes to give back.
Reading 1, Isaiah 56:1, 6-7: 1 Thus says Yahweh: Make fair judgement your concern, act ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 67:2-3, 5, 6, 8: 2 Then the earth will acknowledge your ways, ... Gospel, Matthew 15:21-28: 21 Jesus left that place and withdrew to the region of Tyre and ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Pope Francis calls for prayers following terror attacks in Spain, Finland
- Daily Readings for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- St. Bernard of Clairvaux: Saint of the Day for Sunday, August 20, 2017
- Pope Francis asks for prayers following terror attacks in Spain HD Video
- New Jersey Mayor dismantles shrine to Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Mother shares tragic photo of dying daughter as she pulled the plug ...
- Mother shares heartbreaking photo of her dying daughter as she pulls ...
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, August 22nd, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, August 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, August 20th, 2017 HD
- Charlie Gard's mother opens up about the beautiful life of terminally ill Charlie HD