Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 24
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
4 I had my tent in the heights, and my throne was a pillar of cloud.
9 From eternity, in the beginning, he created me, and for eternity I shall remain.
11 In the beloved city he has given me rest, and in Jerusalem I wield my authority.
13 I have grown tall as a cedar on Lebanon, as a cypress on Mount Hermon;
15 Like cinnamon and acanthus, I have yielded a perfume, like choice myrrh, have breathed out a scent, like galbanum, onycha, labdanum, like the smoke of incense in the tent.
17 I am like a vine putting out graceful shoots, my blossoms bear the fruit of glory and wealth.
25 This is what makes wisdom brim over like the Pishon, like the Tigris in the season of fruit,
26 what makes intelligence overflow like the Euphrates, like the Jordan at harvest time;
28 The first man did not finish discovering about her, nor has the most recent tracked her down;
Reading 1, Acts 20:17-27: 17 From Miletus he sent for the elders of the church of ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 68:10-11, 20-21: 10 Your family found a home, which you in your ... Gospel, John 17:1-11: 1 After saying this, Jesus raised his eyes to heaven and said: ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- What does the Holy Spirit reveal to us?
- St. Joan of Arc: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- 26 Coptic Christians dead after heinous attack HD Video
- A Big Thank You from JESUS IS - The Series HD Video
- To honor the lost: A brief history of Memorial Day
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, May 30, 2017
- Newborn baby filmed 'WALKING' shortly after birth
- Day 5 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 4 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Day 3 - Novena to the Holy Spirit for a New Pentecost for the Church HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, May 31st, 2017 HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.