Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 24
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
4 I had my tent in the heights, and my throne was a pillar of cloud.
9 From eternity, in the beginning, he created me, and for eternity I shall remain.
11 In the beloved city he has given me rest, and in Jerusalem I wield my authority.
13 I have grown tall as a cedar on Lebanon, as a cypress on Mount Hermon;
15 Like cinnamon and acanthus, I have yielded a perfume, like choice myrrh, have breathed out a scent, like galbanum, onycha, labdanum, like the smoke of incense in the tent.
17 I am like a vine putting out graceful shoots, my blossoms bear the fruit of glory and wealth.
25 This is what makes wisdom brim over like the Pishon, like the Tigris in the season of fruit,
26 what makes intelligence overflow like the Euphrates, like the Jordan at harvest time;
28 The first man did not finish discovering about her, nor has the most recent tracked her down;
Reading 1, Exodus 3:11-20: 11 Moses said to God, 'Who am I to go to Pharaoh and bring the ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 105:5, 8-9, 24-25, 26-27: 5 Remember the marvels he has done, ... Gospel, Matthew 11:28-30: 28 'Come to me, all you who labour and are overburdened, and I ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Saturday, July 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- Cardinal Muller reports Pope Emeritus Benedict is 'disappointed' at ...
- Deadbeat Republicans, do your job or GET OUT! HD Video
- Did the Church just marry three women to the same spouse in Detroit ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Family receives shocking MIRACLE after 9-month-pregnant woman is shot ...
- St. Lawrence of Brindisi: Saint of the Day for Friday, July 21, 2017
- Daily Reading for Friday, July 21st, 2017 HD
- Why is Facebook censoring Catholic content? HD
- Daily Reading for Thursday, July 20th, 2017 HD
- The one nasty reason you can't take your kids to the park anymore HD