Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 17
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
1 The Lord fashioned human beings from the earth, to consign them back to it.
13 Their eyes saw the majesty of his glory, and their ears heard the glory of his voice.
25 Return to the Lord and renounce your sins, plead before his face, stop offending him.
28 The dead can praise no more than those who do not exist, only those with life and health can praise the Lord.
Reading 1, Acts 2:14, 22-28: 14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven and addressed them in ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 16:1-2, 5, 7-8, 9-10, 11: 1 [In a quiet voice Of David] Protect ... Gospel, Luke 24:13-35: 13 Now that very same day, two of them were on their way to a ... ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Daily Readings for Sunday, April 30, 2017
- Catherine of Siena: We Need Saints for this Missionary Age
- St. Pius V, Pope: Saint of the Day for Sunday, April 30, 2017
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, May 2nd, 2017 HD Video
- Enter Into Intimate Communion with Christ: It's the Only Way to Live
- Pope Francis arrives in Egypt with powerful message HD Video
- Deacon Keith Fournier: Road to Emmaus - Jesus Walks with Us on the ...
- Daily Reading for Monday, May 1st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, April 30th, 2017 HD
- Day 9 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
- Day 8 - Novena for Workers, the Unemployed and Underemployed HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.