Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 42
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
1 The following things you should not be ashamed of, and do not sin from fear of what others think:
2 of the Law of the Most High or of the covenant, of a verdict that acquits the godless,
3 of keeping accounts with a travelling companion, of settling property on your friends,
5 of gaining from commercial transactions, of disciplining your children strictly, of lashing a wicked slave till you draw blood.
16 The shining sun looks down on all things, and the work of the Lord is full of his glory.
18 He has fathomed both the abyss and the human heart and seen into their devious ways; for the Most High knows all there is to know and sees the signs of the times.
19 He declares what is past and what will be, and reveals the trend of hidden things.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Luke 1:69-70, 71-72, 73-75
Gospel, Luke 12:13-21
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- EVIL EXPORT: American-inspired assisted suicide legislation advances ...
- St. John of Capistrano: Saint of the Day for Monday, October 23, 2017
- Daily Readings for Monday, October 23, 2017
- President Trump to release Kennedy assassination files - will the ...
- Pope Francis speaks about putting God first and reality
- Day 1 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Day 2 - Novena to the Saints in Heaven for the saints on earth HD Video
- Evil money - George Soros pays to start a revolution in America HD
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, October 24th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, October 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, October 23rd, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way