Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 8
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
8 Do not scorn the discourse of the wise, but make yourself familiar with their maxims, since from these you will learn the theory and the art of serving the great.
9 Do not dismiss what the old people have to say, for they too were taught by their parents; from them you will learn how to think, and the art of the timely answer.
16 Do not argue with a quick-tempered man, do not go with him where there are no other people, since blood counts for nothing in his eyes, and where no help is to be had, he will strike you down.
17 Do not ask a fool for advice, since a fool will not be able to keep a confidence.
18 In a stranger's presence do nothing that should be kept secret, since you cannot tell what use the stranger will make of it.
19 Do not open your heart to all comers, nor lay claim to their good offices.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 3:2-3, 4-5, 6-8
Gospel, Luke 19:1-10
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Irish priest: Christians should stop saying 'Christmas' and 'Easter'
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, November 22nd, 2017 HD Video
- St. Gelasius: Saint of the Day for Tuesday, November 21, 2017
- Loras College announces new business school
- Daily Readings for Tuesday, November 21, 2017
- Pope Francis on the poor and paradise
- Atheist plans to build a Robot God for other Atheists to worship HD Video
- Daily Reading for Tuesday, November 21st, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, November 20th, 2017 HD
- Catholics are sharing Christ's compassion. HD
- Daily Reading for Sunday, November 19th, 2017 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way