Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 51
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
2 for you have been my guard and support and redeemed my body from destruction, from the snare of the lying tongue, from lips that fabricate falsehood; in the presence of my assailants, you were on my side; you have been my support, you have redeemed me,
3 true to your abounding kindness -- and the greatness of your name -- you liberated me from the fangs of those seeking to devour me, from the clutches of those seeking my life, from the many ordeals which I have endured,
10 I called on the Lord, the father of my Lord, 'Do not desert me in the days of ordeal, in the days of the proud, when we are helpless. I shall praise your name unceasingly and gratefully sing its praises.'
11 And my plea was heard, for you saved me from destruction, you delivered me from that time of evil.
13 When I was still a youth, before I went travelling, in my prayers I asked outright for wisdom.
14 Outside the sanctuary I would pray for her, and to the last I shall continue to seek her.
17 Thanks to her I have advanced; glory be to him who has given me wisdom!
20 I have directed my soul towards her, and in purity I have found her; having my heart fixed on her from the outset, I shall never be deserted;
21 my very core having yearned to discover her, I have now acquired a good possession.
22 In reward the Lord has given me a tongue with which I shall sing his praises.
28 Buy instruction with a large sum of silver, thanks to her you will gain much gold.
Most Popular Bibles
Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 24:7, 8, 9, 10
Gospel, Mark 3:31-35
More Daily Readings
by Catholic Online
- Daily Reading for Thursday, January 25th, 2018 HD Video
- Third Mega-quake in three weeks suggests 2018 will be a bad year for ...
- Is God sending a warning? Third megaquake in the year suggests 2018 ...
- Daily Readings for Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- The government shutdown continues, but bombs still drop, surveillance ...
- St. Francis de Sales: Saint of the Day for Wednesday, January 24, 2018
- Pope Francis in Peru invites us to be saints
- Daily Reading for Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 HD
- The shocking numbers that reveal why poverty is here to stay HD
- Science is transforming the pro-life debate for the better HD
- Daily Reading for Monday, January 22nd, 2018 HD
Learn about Catholic world
Inform - Inspire - Ignite
Catholic Online Saints
Your saints explained
Catholic Online Prayers
Prayers for every need
Catholic Online Bible
Complete bible online
Catholic Online News
Your news Catholic eye
Today's bible reading
Products and services we offer
Catholic Online Shopping
Catholic medals, gifts & books
The California Network
Inspiring streaming service
Learn the Catholic way
Teacher lesson plans & resources
Support Free Education
Tax deductible support Free education