Ecclesiasticus / Sirach - Chapter 21
Ecclesiasticus / Sirach Chapters
4 Terror and violence make havoc of riches, similarly, desolation overtakes the houses of the proud.
6 Whoever resents reproof walks in the sinner's footsteps; whoever fears the Lord is repentant of heart.
9 A meeting of the lawless is like a heap of tow: they will end in a blazing fire.
14 The heart of a fool is like a broken jar, it will not hold any knowledge.
19 To the senseless fellow instruction is like fetters on the feet, like manacles on the right hand.
21 To the shrewd instruction is like a golden ornament, like a bracelet on the right arm.
22 The step of a fool goes straight into a house, but a person of much experience makes a respectful approach;
23 the stupid peeps inside through the door, a well-bred person waits outside.
27 When the godless curses Satan, he is cursing himself.
28 The scandal-monger sullies himself and earns the hatred of the neighbourhood.
Reading 1, Sirach 6:5-17: 5 A kindly turn of speech attracts new friends, a courteous ... Responsorial Psalm, Psalms 119:12, 16, 18, 27, 34, 35: 12 Blessed are you, Yahweh, teach ... Gospel, Mark 10:1-12: 1 After leaving there, he came into the territory of Judaea and ... continue readingMore Daily Readings
The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) is a Catholic translation of the Bible published in 1985. The New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) has become the most widely used Roman Catholic Bible outside of the United States. It has the imprimatur of Cardinal George Basil Hume.
Like its predecessor, the Jerusalem Bible, the New Jerusalem Bible (NJB) version is translated "directly from the Hebrew, Greek or Aramaic." The 1973 French translation, the Bible de Jerusalem, is followed only "where the text admits to more than one interpretation." Introductions and notes, with some modifications, are taken from the Bible de Jerusalem.
Source: The Very Reverend Dom (Joseph) Henry Wansbrough, OSB, MA (Oxon), STL (Fribourg), LSS (Rome), a monk of Ampleforth Abbey and a biblical scholar. He was General Editor of the New Jerusalem Bible. "New Jerusalem Bible, Regular Edition", pg. v.
by Catholic Online
- Why are there more Muslims than Christians in Britain's religious ...
- Atheist teacher accuses Christian students of harassment for inviting ...
- Trump dumps Obama's transgender restroom policy HD Video
- St. John Theristus: Saint of the Day for Friday, February 24, 2017
- London's famed 'actors' church' reveals marvelously beautiful new ...
- Daily Readings for Friday, February 24, 2017
- Urgent action necessary for 5.5 million people starving in South ...
- Daily Reading for Saturday, February 25th, 2017 HD
- Daily Reading for Friday, February 24th, 2017 HD
- Scientists predict Biblical flood for California HD
- New pilgrimage route recreates Jesus' footsteps HD
Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. All materials contained on this site, whether written, audible or visual are the exclusive property of Catholic Online and are protected under U.S. and International copyright laws, © Copyright 2017 Catholic Online. Any unauthorized use, without prior written consent of Catholic Online is strictly forbidden and prohibited.